If you want to see me all riled up, casually mention that you don’t care for Thanksgiving foods. WHAT?! HOW?! We should correct it, starting correct now with Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole!
This recipe is sponsored by McCormick.
Final week at dinner, a single of my girlfriends casually mentioned that she didn’t like Thanksgiving meals. I was component shocked, part saddened, and fully determined to adjust her thoughts. Certainly, she need to have been consuming the wrong foods. Soon after all, I’m picky about my Healthy Green Bean Casserole and Quick Pot Mashed Potatoes. Serve me dry turkey or a ho-hum side, and I’m most likely not to take pleasure in Thanksgiving food either.
Serve me wholesome Cauliflower Casserole, and I’ll content devour my plate on Thanksgiving Day or any day.
This Cauliflower Casserole with bacon is not only worthy of Thanksgiving, one of food’s largest days of the yr, but it’s also a s >
Cauliflower Casserole with Bacon and Cream Cheese—A Side the Whole Table Will Adore
With tender, caramelized, roasted cauliflower florets interlaced with indulgent, melting pockets of cream cheese, gruyere, and crispy bacon, this loaded cauliflower casserole can’t aid but win affection (and second helpings) from Thanksgiving traditionalists and non-traditionalists alike.
Cauliflower Casserole has all of the qualities of a respectable vacation side.
- It’s indulgent, even though as you’ll see, this is a healthier cauliflower casserole relative to the competitors.
- It can be scaled up for a massive crowd or halved for a smaller sized one particular.
- The components can be prepared in advance, a crucial to guarding your sanity the day of the feast.
- It pairs nicely with the other sides on the plate, though don’t be shocked if this a single turns out to be the reigning fave.
My inspiration for this recipe is a mashup of two traditional comfort food recipes: cauliflower au gratin and loaded baked potatoes.
Like a cauliflower gratin, this cauliflower bake is wealthy, cheesy, and tends to make you query no matter whether or not it actually consists of veggies.
Like a loaded baked potato, it’s filled with the great things: Greek yogurt (my healthful swap alternatively of a cauliflower casserole with sour cream), bacon, chives, and cream cheese.
Unlike both of these traditional side dishes, nonetheless, loaded cauliflower casserole is some thing that your visitors may possibly not have witnessed ahead of. It’s straightforward to adapt to different flavors and substances, gluten free of charge, and reasonably hands-free for you, the cook.
How Do You Make Cauliflower Bake? (The Straightforward Way!)
- I started out this wholesome Cauliflower Casserole with roasted cauliflower. For highest ease, I cooked it in the very same baking dish that I utilized for the final casserole no require to wash in amongst.
- For flavor, I relied on the caramelized notes from the roasted cauliflower itself, along with go-to spices: McCormick Black Pepper and McCormick Garlic Powder. The black pepper kicks up the cauliflower and jives with the bacon. The garlic powder saves me the fuss of actually chopping garlic. At the holidays particularly, I’ll take all of the rapid aid I can get, and garlic powder can be a genuine time saver.
- To keep the cauliflower casserole as low maintenance as attainable, I skipped the classic gratin white sauce in favor of a blend of cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and shredded cheese that I dolloped over the leading. The cream cheese mix warms in the oven and envelops the tender florets with mouthfuls of decadence.
As a nod to classic gratin elements, I utilised gruyere for the cheese and added a pinch of McCormick Ground Nutmeg. If you’d like a look at How to Make Cauliflower Au Gratin the traditional way, check out out my Brussels Sprouts Gratin recipe, which would function nicely with cauliflower, as well.
How Do You Make Loaded Cauliflower for Distinct Diet programs?
- For people with dietary cons >How Do You Make Cauliflower and Cheese Casserole with Different Flavors?
I adore this healthy Cauliflower Casserole just as it is, AND I adore the various delightful spinoffs it can generate. A handful of concepts:
- Fully Loaded Baked “Potato” Cauliflower Casserole: Swap the gruyere for sharp cheddar and the nutmeg for cayenne.
- Parmesan and Herb Cauliflower Bake: Swap the gruyere for fontina, add 1/two teaspoon dried thyme to the cauliflower prior to roasting, and best the final casserole with chopped, fresh parsley. Bacon optional…or not.
- Italian: Swap the gruyere for shredded provolone or mozzarella, omit the nutmeg, and include one teaspoon dried Italian seasoning + a pinch of red pepper flakes to the cauliflower prior to roasting.
If various flavors appeal to different members of your loved ones (or you basically can’t make a decision which of the above taste options you want to try out very first), you could even use aluminum foil to divide the casserole dish in half, then bake a different version of the recipe on every single side. It’s one cauliflower casserole recipe, created twice as great.
No matter whether you are seeking to please picky eaters (hi, cream cheese and bacon), try a new recipe at Thanksgiving this 12 months, or are amongst these who *consider* they don’t care for Thanksgiving meals, I hope you give this loaded Cauliflower Casserole a attempt. It’s certain to be a quick favorite at your table!