There are nights when I want to feel adventurous in the kitchen, and then there are nights when I want my dinner to come up, give me a hug, and inform me that, yes, I am performing a great occupation. Individuals are the nights I make Baked Turkey Meatballs.
Fork-tender, filling, and layered with Italian spices and herbs, these healthful turkey meatballs want to be your mealtime cheerleader.
Baked Turkey Meatballs are simple to make and won’t make you hunt by means of the grocery store for ingredients—in truth, as soon as you have your ground turkey and Parmesan in the fridge, you’re probably to currently have everything else in your pantry—and the finish consequence is so intrinsically satisfying, you’ll really feel like a real dinner hero.
If you need to have a huge amount of turkey meatballs for a crowd, you can verify out my Crock Pot Turkey Meatballs. For typical weeknight dinners, however, this Baked Turkey Meatball recipe is the 1 I flip to initial.
The recipe yields about 20 meatballs, so it covers a number of dinners for our leftover-loving family of two, or it feeds a modest dinner group.
In addition to being fast and fuss-cost-free to put together, Baked Turkey Meatballs are fundamentally scrumptious. They supply that unique, soul-touching comfort that belongs uniquely to Italian meals.
How to Make Baked Turkey Meatballs
These Baked Turkey Meatballs have a couple of attributes that make them the sort of dinner recipe staple that you will often be grateful to have in your corner.
One particular: Basic Components
- Ground Turkey. Even though traditional meatball recipes generally contact for a combine of diverse meats (often up to 3!), this turkey meatball recipe keeps it simple with ground turkey only. Turkey is lean and mild.
Burned by bland (or, gasp!, dry) turkey meatballs in the previous? Me too! That’s why I manufactured positive we’d be incorporating loads of other great flavors to make these turkey meatballs tender and tasty.
- Italian Seasoned Bread crumbs. Along with an egg, you require bread crumbs in meatballs to bind the meat and to keep the meatballs moist. I like Italian seasoned ones due to the fact they construct in further taste with out any further hard work.
Individuals hunting for turkey meatballs with out breadcrumbs can check out out my Whole30 Meatballs, which use almond flour as an alternative. TWO: Effortless Meatball Cooking Approach
Whereas most meatball recipes need that the meatballs be browned in a pan on the stove—undoubtedly tasty but also messy and a bit of a pain—this streamlined edition skips the stove altogether.
- Rather of browning the meatballs in oil on the stove, organize them on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (or parchment paper if you desire) for effortless cleanup.
- Lightly brush the meatballs with olive oil. This will guarantee they turn out to be nicely golden on the outside and juicy on the within.
- Bake the meatballs at 375 degrees F for about 15 minutes for a one 1/2-inch meatball.
- The turkey meatballs are done when an instant-read through thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees F and a meatball in the center of the baking sheet is entirely cooked through when reduce in half.
Save the stovetop strategy for when you’re hunting to prepare a meatball recipe for a slow evening or special occasion (as with this Mozzarella Meatball Casserole).
For fast, less-fuss weeknights, baked meatballs are the move.
What to Serve with Meatballs
Even though the turkey meatballs bake, you can prep something you’d like to serve with them.
- Sauce. Great-high quality store purchased pasta sauce is one of my far more adored pantry staples. You can warm the sauce in a tiny pot on the stove then spoon it above the cooked meatballs, or consider our favourite approach: warm the sauce in a larger, wider pan, then toss the Baked Turkey Meatballs in the sauce at the finish.
- Pasta. Entire wheat dry pasta is best for wholesome dinners. You can use any form you like, though when we’re feeling ultra classic, I like to do the Baked Turkey Meatballs and Spaghetti.
- Zucchini Noodles. A skinny option that sneaks in extra veggies. Try a blend of zoodles and spaghetti for a happy stability.
- Hoagie Bun. Perfect for a meatball sub!
Writing this post manufactured me recognize just how numerous meatball recipes I have (most are now linked in this post), and honestly, I adore them all for various reasons.
These Baked Turkey Meatballs are my keeper for when I’m craving straightforward comfort food that won’t lock me to my stove. I hope you adore them too! As always, if you attempt this recipe, please leave a comment beneath. It indicates so much to hear from you.